Website Engene Inc.
Company: enGene Inc.
Position: Accounts Payable Clerk
Location: Montreal, Quebec
enGene Inc. is a high growth biotechnology company developing a robust, proprietary non-viral vector platform to deliver genes to mucosal cells lining the gut. The vector system can be administered to the intestine via the oral or enema route. enGene is developing its unique gut-optimized gene delivery formulation into an orally available “Gene PillTM”, which has the potential to be a platform for oral delivery of a wide range of protein drugs. The Company’s primary focus is to apply its technology to enable localized delivery of immune-modulating proteins to the gut for treating various immune disorders.
Strategic Pharma Alliances and Investors
With its exciting cutting edge technology, enGene successfully established alliances with two international large pharmaceutical companies: Johnson & Johnson and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company.
enGene is also supported financially by top-tier institutional investors including Forbion Capital Partners, Fonds de Solidarité FTQ, Lumira Capital, Pharmstandard International S.A. and Johnson & Johnson Development Corporation.
enGene is seeking for an Accounts Payable Clerk with experience in high-growth technology companies to be an integral part of the team. Perform routine accounting activities like accounts payable, receivable, bank reconciliations. The Accounts Payable Clerk will work with the finance team and reports to the Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This person will provide accounting support, including, but not limited to:
- Accounts Payable
- 3-way matching of payables and review of expense reports
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval for payment
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Preparing checks and online payments
- Prepare banking reconciliations
- AR: Deposits checks received
- Assist with month end journal entries
- Prepare QST/GST returns
- Routine procurement:
- Generate appropriate purchase orders and send to vendors.
- When needed, track written confirmations from vendors and follow up on any orders that have not been confirmed.
- Call vendors to correct discrepancies and expedite any replacements that are required.
- Receive packing slips and check against purchase orders into ERP System when needed.
- Recording monthly credit card expense transactions
- Perform other clerical tasks and assist the controller with special projects as required.
Required experience and qualification
- DEC, DEP or AEC in accounting and minimum of 5 years progressive responsible experience in accounting.
- The candidate will have the following competencies necessary for this position:
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Statutory principles.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Office.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages.
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on challenging tasks.
- Expected to deliver professional quality work and take ownership of work product.
- The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org