enGene Inc. is a high growth biotechnology company developing a robust, proprietary non-viral vector platform to deliver genes to various epithelial tissues. The vector system can be administered to the intestine via the oral or enema route, or the bladder via instillation. enGene is developing its unique gut optimized gene delivery formulation into an orally available “Gene Pill™”, which has the potential to be a platform for oral delivery of a wide range of therapeutic protein drugs. The Company’s primary focus is to apply its technology to enable localized delivery of therapeutic proteins to the gut and other epithelial tissues for treating various disorders.
enGene is currently seeking a dynamic and team-oriented Research Associate/In Vivo Pharmacology candidate to be an integral part of the Pre-Clinical Development team in the In Vivo department to support enGene’s Research Programs. The candidate will perform in vivo studies mainly focused on gene delivery targeting the gastrointestinal track and bladder of rodents both in healthy and disease states. The candidate will work in a dynamic, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, interacting with the in vivo Research team as well as a multi-disciplinary team at enGene. The candidate will also contribute to perpetuating the company culture that promotes our values (Patient-focused, Integrity, Innovation and Teamwork).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare studies, perform formulation delivery to rodents via different routes of administration including intracolonic and intravesicular and follow experimental procedures according to established standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions (WIs).
- Draft, review and finalize associated documentation including animal protocols, raw data sheets, technical reports and SOPs.
- Perform health monitoring and record observations.
- Participate in experiment planning and evaluate/interpret/present results.
- Participate in the development of new procedures, WIs and animal model development.
- Maintain compliance in relation to Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) filing.
- May interact with CROs, as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Collegial (DEC) in Animal Health with 1 to 4 years of experience or B.Sc. with 2+ years of experience in a regulated environment (Experience in Pharma, Biotech or CRO is preferred).
- Experience in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) and/or Bladder cancer is an asset to participate in animal model development.
- Able to perform various administration techniques, mainly in mice: PO, IV, SQ, IP, IM, intracolonic and intravesicular dosing.
- Blood collection, body weights, IBD scoring, necropsy, tissue and fluid collections, post-surgical care and monitoring.
- Adapt quickly to last minute changes, autonomous.
- Team-focused, goal-oriented and quality-conscientious.
- Effective communication skills to facilitate the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
- Proven ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure with tight timelines.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite as well as GraphPad Prism.
- Good verbal and written communication, both in French and English.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org