POSITION: SENIOR/RESEARCH ASSOCIATE-FORMULATION
enGene Inc. is a high growth biotechnology company developing a robust, proprietary non-viral vector platform to deliver genes to various epithelial tissues. The vector system can be administered to the intestine via the oral or enema route, or the bladder via instillation. enGene is developing its unique gut optimized gene delivery formulation into an orally available “Gene Pill™”, which has the potential to be a platform for oral delivery of a wide range of therapeutic protein drugs. The Company’s primary focus is to apply its technology to enable localized delivery of therapeutic proteins to the gut and other epithelial tissues for treating various disorders.
enGene Inc. is currently seeking a qualified and motivated candidate who will play a key role in the CMC group. In collaboration with project leaders, the Senior/Research Associate of Formulation Development will provide expertise to a team responsible for developing and optimizing formulation to support the pipeline development and production of nanoparticle gene therapy drug products and be an integral part of the Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) and Formulations teams. This position reports to the Manager of Formulation.
The candidate will work in a dynamic, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, as well as perpetuate the company culture that promotes our values (Patient-focused, Integrity, Innovation and Teamwork).
The Senior/Research Associate-Formulation will:
• Develop nanoparticle formulations and conduct relevant characterization with established protocols to support in vitro and in vivo testing
• Establish process requirements for initial manufacturing processes
• Optimize formulations, and study new raw materials and compositions
• Conducts studies evaluating active drug and excipient interactions
• Apply technical skills and functional knowledge to projects/ assignments within own work group/ project team independently and proactively; act as a technical resource within own work group
• Analyze experimental data with limited supervision on projects
• Follow documentation practices in accordance with Quality requirements; contribute to the generation of technical documents/reports
• Prepare and present presentations to colleagues on a regular basis; attend technical meetings and provide significant scientific input
• Use own scientific judgment to apply and adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience, consulting others appropriately
• Work under limited supervision with periodic review of achievement of results and methods used
• Use or develop novel processes or hypotheses
• Contribute to achievement of goals at the work group/project team level as a full team participant
• BSc in biological or pharmaceutical sciences with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
• MSc in biological or pharmaceutical sciences with 1-3 years of relevant experience
The candidate will have the following competencies necessary for this position:
• Knowledge of regulatory compliance such as GLP, GMP, and GCP
• Preferably with experience in early phase drug development and the use of relevant physicochemical properties for solution and/or solid dosage form development, polymer sciences, nanoparticle formulations and molecular biology techniques
• Ability to work in a team environment to meet timelines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, French is an asset
• Detail oriented, self-organizing, self-directing, responsible, highly motivated with strong critical thinking and analysis skills
Applications should be sent to [email protected], please indicate the title of the position in the e-mail header.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org